What is Hiren BootCD?
Hiren’s BootCD PE (Preinstallation Environment) is a restored edition of Hiren’s BootCD based on Windows 10 PE x64. Since there are no official updates after November 2012, PE version is being developed by Hiren’s BootCD fans. It includes the least, best and updated free tools used in Hiren’s BootCD. It is being developed for the new age computers, it supports UEFI booting and requires a minimum of 2 GB RAM.
Resetting Windows Password using Hiren BootCD PE
- Boot your computer with Hiren’s BootCD PE.
- Goto Start Menu -> Securiy -> Passwords -> NT Password Edit
- Open your SAM file (It is usually located in C:WindowsSystem32configSAM).
- Click your username and the click ‘Change password’. To set a password, type your password both ‘New password’ and ‘Verify’ fields and then click to ‘OK’. To remove the password, leave both ‘New password’ and ‘Verify’ fields blank and then click to ‘OK’.
How do I make a bootable version of Hiren BootCD?
Hiren’s BootCD PE supports UEFI booting from DVD and USB flash drives. To format, re-partition your USB drive and to copy the ISO content into your USB drive properly, we have developed Hiren’s BootCD PE – ISO2USB portable tool. You need Administrator privileges to run it. It is free both for commercial and non-commercial use. Requires Windows 7 and later.
Using Balena Etcher to create a bootable USB drive with Hiren BootCD
Another option is using Balena Etcher to create a bootable USB.
Flash. Flawless. Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives, safely and easily.
- Insert your empty USB flash drive
- Download and open Balena Etcher
- Click Select Image
- Open the Hiren BootCD PE ISO file
- Click continue
- Click Select Target
- Click Flash
- Wait... and you're done.
- Boot the computer you want to recover using this new USB flash drive.